Heavy backlog of cases means usual Monday schedule for announcement of SCOTUS decisions is being expanded to Thursdays, so we’ll have some apprehensive moments tomorrow morning.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Emerging House Obamacare “fix” plan from GOP would let states opt out of all ACA requirements in 2016 but still receive subsidies via a block grant. Perverse to the max.
* Fed leans infinitesimally towards optimism economy, seems to contemplate interest rate hike towards the end of the year.
* At Ten Miles Square, Seth Masket disagrees with Reihan Salam’s fear that Jeb Bush will win a worthless nomination after bloodying his rivals.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer argues there’s very little new in various education reform models.
* At The Grade, Alexander Russo suggests Jeb Bush’s heavy emphasis on his education record may make negative assessments of it more important than usual.
And in non-political news:
* Tropical Depression Bill ready to dump more rain on Texas.
That’s it for Wednesday. We’ll close with one more odd cover: The Sex Pistols covering the Monkees’ “Steppin’ Stone.”