It’s Monday, and so it’s the day for taping BloggingheadsTV/Podcast. The taping is scheduled for 3:00 PM EDT, so depending on how much technical trouble we have this week, there will be a lull in posting during that hour and maybe even beyond it.
Here are some Monday midday news/views treats:
* Josh Marshall offers a representative “Trump won’t be hurt at all by the McCain war record furor” take from progressive media, with which I don’t really agree.
* Martin Longman doesn’t care for either side in and after the Netroots Nation dispute, since both are breaking progressive solidarity (guess I may be, too, in his eyes, for criticizing the candidates’ preparation, though I don’t view my blogging as a “movement” utility).
* Interesting profile of Liz Kendall, the leading “Blairite” candidate for U.K. Labour Party leader.
* New Monmouth poll of Iowa shows Walker maintaining strong lead, with Trump still second, and late interviews showing no damage to Trump from McCain comments.
* Per Greg Sargent, Walker and Bush seem to be arguing over the need for the next president to get ready to start war on Inauguration Day. Seriously.
And in non-political news:
* Latest celebrity divorce: Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert.
As we break for lunch, here’s Carlos Santana performing “Samba Pa Ti” in Mexico.