Find myself re-reading the only full-scale book available in English on the Croatian fascist Ustasa movement of World War II. Why? Cause my Serbo-Croation is a mite rusty.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Had to figure it’d come up eventually: breathless Buzzfeed piece on possible Al Gore presidential run.
* Jeb Bush meets with #BlackLivesMatter activists, is mildly heckled at event in Nevada.
* Latest Bush gaffe? “Taking out Saddam Hussein turned out to be a pretty good deal.” Tell us more, Jeb.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer discusses lawsuit challenging “value-added” assessments of teachers in New York.
* At Republic 3.0, Stephen Rose, as is his wont, challenges statistical basis of claims the middle class has made no standard of living gains since the 1970s.
And in non-political news:
* More signs of “Godzilla El Nino” in California this fall. Could sure use the rain.
That’s it for Thursday. We’ll close with one more Son Seals song, “I Can’t Lose the Blues,” released in 1991.