Had to knock out a TPMCafe column during the day, and chose to write about Dr. Ben Carson. It really wasn’t easy, even though I feel like I’ve had his number for a good long while. I suspect I’d understand him infallibly if I spent a few weeks getting schooled by Glenn Beck, but I value my sanity too much.
Here are some remains of the day:
* At TNR, Brian Beutler takes a deep breath and calls Trump the favorite to win the GOP nomination. More about this tomorrow.
* Dave Weigel explains and explodes James O’Keefe’s latest lame-o “sting” video aimed at HRC which involves his own minion facilitating the purchase of Clinton swag by a Canadian for a booming $75.
* CNN bends to the pan-GOP desire for Carly on the Big Stage and amends its criteria for the top-tier debate on September 16 in a way that will probably get Fiorina past the velvet rope.
* At Ten Miles Square, Martin Longman meditates, without much sympathy, on Jebbie’s plight.
* At The Grade, Alexander Russo previews the furor we are about to hear over a new book on school reform in Newark.
And in non-political news:
* Chipotle sued for alleged use of GMOs after declaring itself GM-Over.
That’s it for Tuesday. Let’s close with the appropriately titled 1969 Archie Bell & the Drells tune “Wrap It Up.”