Been having a pretty lively day at Twitter, thanks to my little contribution to the Politico forum on HRC’s accomplishments. Seems Fiorina’s fan base does not extend as far as I feared.
Here are some non-social-media midday news/views treats:
* Suzy Khimm hangs out with Ben Carson fans on debate night, and finds even they think he’s too laid back.
* Speaking of debate night, Ann Coulter’s struggling with some serious backlash to a Twitter rant where she seemed to object to candidates pandering to the Jews. Even she can go too far, it seems.
* HRC’s web video mocking the GOP debate is pretty funny and accurate.
* House GOP does its part in antichoice Kabuki, passing two bills aimed at Planned Parenthood, but Senate’s where decision would be made to shut down the government.
* New report shows poverty rate dropping in 34 states.
And in non-political news:
* Georgia church revokes membership of 103 year old woman–member for 92 years–for what sounds like excessively feisty behavior.
As we break for lunch, here’s Jimi with one of the more obscure delights from Are You Experienced?, “The Wind Cries Mary,” in Stockholm in 1967.