Hard to believe it’s nearly October. Back home at about this time Georgia Bulldog fans put on bright orange t-shirts festooned with the logos of the Florida Gators, Clemson Tigers, Auburn Tigers and Tennessee Vols and the legend: “In the Fall, Rednecks Turn Orange.” We should talk!
Here are some seasonal midday news/views treats:
* Well, so much for the Fox boycott: Trump will appear on O’Reilly’s show tonight. These birds just can’t do without each other.
* Bachmann warns yet again that God is probably going to destroy sinful America like Sodom. Who needs a congressional seat to promote The Crazy?
* House Conservatives getting behind Benghazi! chief Trey Gowdy as potential majority leader.
* Ta-Nehisi Coates awarded a well-earned MacArthur “genius” grant.
* TNR’s Jeet Heer takes a closer look at some surprisingly strong talk of schism among conservative Catholics.
And in non-political news:
* WaPo takes a long look at the Washington Nationals’ very disappointing season.
As we break for lunch, here’s Koko Taylor with the very funky “Voodoo Woman.”