Believe it or not, there’s talk of rain today and tomorrow for the central coast of California. The age of miracles is not over.
Here are some still-bone-dry midday news/views snacks:
* Russian airstrikes begin in Syria.
* Despite pleas from Pope Francis and many others, the good righteous Christians running the State of Georgia execute Kelly Renee Gissendaner.
* Jeb Bush apparently thinks Seminole tribal blessing for FSU makes all racist team names okay.
* New Winthrop poll shows plurality of SC Republicans wish Confederate Battle Flag still flying on Statehouse grounds.
* At the Plum Line, Paul Waldman notes that controversy over HRC’s position on the Cadillac Health Plan Tax a reminder that only two GOP candidates have any real health proposal.
And in non-political news:
* Oakland A’s hire first female coach (a “guest instructor”) in MLB history.
As we break for lunch, here’s T. Rex with “Telegram Sam,” performed at Wembley Stadium in 1972.