I have an actual lunch appointment today, so there may be a blogging hiatus for a bit after this post.
Here are some Lite Lunch news/views treats for your midday enjoyment:
* At The Hill, Scott Wong writes up a scenario whereby nobody can get 218 votes to succeed Boehner as Speaker and the Orange Man stays on.
* Bobby Jindal’s ukase blaming the Oregon shootings on video games and immorality and abortion and single motherhood and so on and so forth not getting very good reviews.
* Wow: Trey Gowdy says apologies by McCarthy useless in containing the damage of his remarks about the political motivation of the Benghazi! Committee.
* Candidate debate may make it tough for HRC to continue to delay taking position on TPP.
* Jerry Brown signs California’s tough new pay equity law.
And in sorta non-political news:
* Something called the eBible Fellowship predicting the fiery immolation of the planet today. Will be fun to look for an update tomorrow.
As we break for lunch–and/or preparations for the Eschaton–here’s the Climax Blues Band with the 1974 tune “Sense of Direction,” accompanied by some nice California coastal scenes.