Despite last Saturday’s catastrophe, I will again don red and black and make barking noises at the television as Georgia plays Tennessee, but with trepidation.
Here are some remains of the day:
* So yep, looks like a weekend of mystery about Paul Ryan’s relative willingness to accept gavel as Speaker.
* House GOPers quietly admit they can’t find anything dubious about Planned Parenthood’s finances.
* Judge throws out four of five counts against Rand Paul staffer in Iowa bribery case.
* At Ten Miles Square, Martin Longman is pleased at late signs Joe Biden is about to jump into the presidential race. Me? Not so much, and I continue to have some doubts it’s even happening.
* At College Guide, Hechinger Report announces new project to examine teacher preparation in a big way.
And in non-political news:
* An article on the best Columbus Day sales. Who knew there were Columbus Day sales?
That’s it for Friday. Nancy LeTourneau will be in for Weekend Blogging, and I’ll be back Monday for Federal Holiday Lite Blogging. Let’s close with my favorite solo Lennon song: “Gimme Some Truth.”