For those who wonder, yes, I watched Georgia play another terrible football game on Saturday, in which they blew a 21-point lead and lost the magnificent Nick Chubb for the season. Is basketball starting soon?
Here some remains of this Columbus Day:
* CNN surveys show HRC with 50% in Nevada and 49% in SC, offsetting some of the bad news from IA and NH.
* McConnell appoints task force to consider changes in filibuster rules to get bills to Obama. More about that tomorrow.
* At Ten Miles Square, Martin Longman thinks no quarter for the Freedom Caucus is the only way to get the House functioning again.
* At College Guide, Jon Marcus touts business/civic partnerships that improve college attendance rates where federal and state governments have failed.
* At Republic 3.0, Anne Kim examines evidence that “soft power” pays off in trade benefits.
And in non-political news:
* Late Royals rally against Astros keeps team’s hopes alive in MLB playoffs.
That’s it for Columbus Day. I would say we’ll be back to regular blogging tomorrow, but we’ve got the wrinkle of debate live-blogging tomorrow night and a hiatus in the afternoon.
As suggested, here’s PFM (Premiata Forneria Marconi) with “Celebration,” performed in 1974.