Have to say, my Georgia Bulldogs won a game over the weekend that was so bad I almost wish I hadn’t seen it. It’s a perfectly timed bye week now.
Could be a lot worse. I could be a Michigan fan. Condolences to the Wolverines for an unimaginable game-ending disaster.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Looks like Trey Gowdy may have disclosed name of a CIA source as he sought to attribute security breaches to HRC.
* Yeah, CBS/Fox reports that Biden about to announce decision on prez run not necessarily any stronger than last 50 screaming alerts.
* That was fast: Jim Webb reportedly mulling indie run for presidency.
* Blast from the past: House Republicans again moving bill that purports to avoid debt default by instructing Treasury to pay bills beyond debt limit breach.
* Federal court temporarily blocks Louisiana cutoff of Medicaid funds for Planned Parenthood even as Texas moves in the same atavistic direction.
* At Republic 3.0, new research on whether voters in each party prioritize honesty or intelligence.
And in non-political news:
* Nawlins unsurprisingly ranks first among American cities as good place for creative professionals to live.
That’s it for Monday. Let’s close with one more Piano Red tune: “She’s Dynamite.”