Last night’s news made me nostalgic for Canada. Anyone up there wanting to cover my expenses for a speaking gig can feel free to set it right up.
Here are some cross-border midday news/views treats:
* Canadian-born David Frum makes dubious argument that Liberal win (attributable in part to collapse of social-democratic NDP) another sign of rampant socialism.
* TNR’s Rebecca Leber notes that defenestration of both Tony Abbott and Stephen Harper in recent months has made climate change negotiations a lot easier.
* W. harshes on Ted Cruz at Jeb donor conclave.
* At the Plum Line, Greg Sargent mocks the idea that Paul Ryan or anybody is going to “unify” the GOP right now.
* At the Prospect, Tara Lohan argues that sudden push to repeal crude oil export ban shows desperation of recently flush shale companies.
And in non-political news:
* Rumors abound that Netflix may be bringing back Gilmore Girls. No word yet, bunnies, on possible Bunheads revival.
As we break for lunch, here’s Jelly Roll Morton with “Hesitation Blues.”