Maybe tomorrow won’t feature any presidential candidate withdrawals like the last two–I’ll keep my eye on Baton Rouge just in case! But the HRC testimony could be a big and possibly positive deal for her.
Here are some remains of the day:
* HRC promises an active antitrust enforcement policy, especially in health care. More on that tomorrow.
* 10 House Freedom Caucus member publicly reject Ryan speakership bid, which could be enough to block the endorsement he has demanded.
* At Ten Miles Square, Keith Humphreys discusses the psychological weight of gun violence on Americans in any tense situation.
* At College Guide, Sarah Butrymowicz discusses a Texas experiment in requiring all high school students to take some college courses.
* At Republic 3.0, Anne Kim shows that even an expanded Social Security won’t be enough to ensure retirement security for middle-class families.
And for non-political news:
* 2015 still on track to become warmest year on record, dating back to 1880.
That’s it for Wednesday. Here’s my favorite Elvin Bishop Group song, “Struttin’ My Stuff.”