A pretty lively week, I’d say, and next week we’ve got another GOP candidate debate. Looks like another heavy Wednesday night.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Justice Dept. clears IRS and Lois Lerner of any criminal violations in dealing with political non-profit status applications.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer examines BB&T’s grants to colleges, contingent on the teaching of Ayn Rand’s gospel.
* At The Grade, Alexander Russo examines the dubious ethics of “fact-checking” sponsored by education advocacy organizations.
* Trip Gabriel previews tonight’s Iowa J-J Dinner for the New York Times.
* At New York Jonathan Chait offers a baleful look at Naomi Klein’s argument that liberals are too complicit in capitalism to fight climate change.
And in non-political news:
* Port Harcourt Airport in Nigeria rated the world’s worst.
That’s it for Friday. Nancy LeTourneau will be in for Weekend Blogging tomorrow. We’ll close with one more Boozoo Chavis performance: “Motor Dude Special.”