I’m wondering if the people who watched the entire Benghazi! Committee hearing yesterday have recovered. I expect I’d be ready for a non-political weekend.
Here are some midday Friday news/views treats:
* Dr. Ben Carson seems to suggest the “secular progressive movement” might want to bump him off because he’s an “existential threat” to its nefarious tyrannical schemes.
* Another bad sign for Jeb: Megyn Kelly asks Jeb Bush if he’s going to drop out of the presidential race.
* One more bad sign for Jeb: analysis at National Review calls him “toast” because of his terrible low-dollar fundraising numbers.
* At the Prospect Adele Stan argues that behind all the Hillary-hatred lies a threatened patriarchy.
* At the Atlantic, Molly Ball mulls the utterpointlessness of Linc Chafee’s now-abandoned presidential bid. But then she’s many years away from the what-now? panic of the retiree, isn’t she?
And in non-political news:
* Hurricane Patricia, currently packing the highest winds ever recorded for such a storm, due to hit Pacific Coast of Mexico tonight.
As we break for lunch, here’s Boozoo Chavis with “Johnny Billy Goat.”