I keep waiting for the budget deal to draw some serious fire from the Right, but it seems at the moment the GOP leadership has wrong-footed these birds with the speed and scope of their maneuver. We’ll soon see.
Here are some midday news/views snacky-snackies:
* At Salon, Digby reviews the terrible influence of pseudo-historian David Barton on three particular GOP presidential candidates.
* Yet another national poll (from CBS/NYT) shows Carson moving past Trump and no one else moving at all.
* Should have reported this yesterday: David Vitter does make jungle primary gubernatorial runoff in Louisiana and will face Democrat John Bel Edwards.
* At Politico Shane Goldmacher interviews Ted Cruz and listens to his strategy for consolidating the conservative vote.
* Paul Ryan promises–in writing–no House consideration of immigration reform legislation while Obama is in office.
And in non-political news:
* REI closing all its stores on Black Friday and encouraging employees to spend the day outside.
As we break for lunch, here’s Henry “Mule” Townsend with “I Got Tired.”