There’s a lot to be said for afternoon naps after staying up late to watch and write about Republican debates. I’m headed there shortly without stopping for a doctor’s prescription.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Online polls show not Rubio or Cruz but Trump winning the CNBC debate.
* TNR headlines are often excessive, but this one for Brian Beutler’s debate summary seems temperate: “The GOP’s Grotesque Festival of Lies.”
* New Franklin & Marshall poll of PA has HRC leading Sanders 52-18, with an apparent ghost vote for Joe Biden.
* At Republic 3.0, Anne Kim documents the extraordinary fragility of middle-class family finances.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer discusses the appointment of No Child Left Behind architect Margaret Spellings to run the University of North Carolina system.
And in non-political news:
* You are apparently supposed to tip the DJ at a music-centered party. Glad I don’t go to any of those.
That’s it for Wednesday. I’ll close with the ultimate autumnal anthem from Fairport Convention with Sandy Denny: her song “Who Knows Where the Time Goes?” Just angelic. I still miss her.