Got tied up in a business-related call and am running a bit behind, I’m afraid. But we’ll catch up.
Here are some well-timed midday news/views snacks:
* Lotta laughter in the air about Ben Carson’s Old Tesmament-y view of the Pyramids. I don’t think this will hurt him at all, at least among Republican voters. But Martin Longman thinks it should be disqualifying.
* Several embarrassing items coming out of new biography of Poppy Bush: he disses Cheney & Rumsfeld, but also confides Jeb wanted to dump Dan Quayle in 1992. Quayle’s a Jeb supporter, or at least he was.
* Another horrible national poll for Jeb, from Fox News, showing him in a three-way tie for fifth place at 4%, down from 9% two months ago and 15% three months ago.
* Discussion of risks Trump is running by hosting SNL this weekend.
* Interesting Greg Sargent piece at TNR evaluating growing GOP tendency to explain away, not deny, climate change.
And in non-political news:
* Another banner year for air travel during Thanksgiving holiday expected.
As we break for lunch, here’s Gram Parsons with Emmylou Harris performing “Return of the Grievous Angel.”