Sorry, another work call and another delayed lunch. But hey, it’s Friday.
Here are some slightly warmed-over midday news/views treats:
* Obama rejects XL Keystone Pipeline permit. More about that later.
* National uninsured rate hits new low under Obamacare.
* Local writer named Ed Kilgore gets interviewed at local NPR station about his new (sic!) book. Interview was actually taped last spring. There is a cool picture of me blogging by the ocean.
* At TNR Brian Beutler lays down marker that if conservatives don’t reject Ben Carson for his West Point lie, they are indicting themselves.
* At the Prospect, Harold Meyerson says evidence of rising white working class death rate shouldn’t be surprise after decades of economic decline.
And in non-political news:
* Two dams burst in Brazilian iron ore mine, killing at least two and injuring 30; casualties very likely to rise.
As we break for lunch: no Funk Metal Friday is complete about something from Atlanta’s Mother’s Finest, so he there are with “Funk-a-while.”