Very wild day here at PA. Want you to know I read all the comments to Paul’s announcement on my new gig, and I am equally gratified by the praise hurled my way and by the very positive attitude about the new team here.
Here are some remains of the day:
* At National Journal, a very long and interesting take on Marco Rubio’s tenure as state legislative leader in Florida.
* CNN’s Jim Acosta embarrasses himself by asking Obama at presser in Turkey “why we can’t take out these bastards,” reflecting perhaps the video game view of the presidency.
* A new hostage threat: Huckabee warns Ryan he’s through as Speaker if he doesn’t block Syrian refugees. Glad we have a Christian minister in the presidential race.
* At Ten Miles Square, Mark Kleiman looks at the “killing Baby Hitler” conundrum and concludes the logic for doing so is not much different from the logic of Nazism.
* At Republic 3.0, Stephen Rose notes heavy red-state imbalance in receipt of federal spending.
And in non-political news:
* Nordstrum discontinues “Chai Maintenance” Hannuka sweater. War on Judaism?
That’s it for Monday. I’m going to break protocol and in reflection of today’s news at PA, go with a traditional song for the occasion: