Sorry there was some “confusion and delay” (to quote Thomas the Tank Engine’s boss Sir Topham Hat) this morning, but there was a whole lotta shakin’ going on at the WaMo barn with one issue to promote, another to edit, and the whole “announcement” thing.
Here are some midday news/views treats:
* Nine governors–all of them Republicans–announced measures to halt accepting Syrian refugees in their states.
* At the Atlantic, Tajha Chappellet-Lanier looks at the post-Paris landscape for Syrian refugees from a global perspective.
* Snap poll after Saturday night’s Democrat debate shows that assessment of “winner” closely tracks polls of the field.
* Huck calls for responding to ISIS attack by cancelling nuke deal with ISIS’ bitter enemy Iran.
And in non-political news:
* Woman arrested for assaulting Denny’s waitress when informed she couldn’t share her “all you can eat pancakes” special with her entire table.
As we break for lunch, here’s Anson Funderburgh and the Rockets with “I’m Your Professor.”