A couple of readers in random comment threads have suggested maybe my new gig will let me sleep in to a normal PST wake-up time. Afraid not. I’ll be joining a virtual conference each day at the accustomed 5:00 AM. And no Daylight Video in the queue to enable me to hit the snooze button a time or two.
Oh well. Can’t have everything.
Here are some wide-awake midday new/views treats:
* Trump now getting more emphatic about need to close some mosques. It must be, God help us, polling well.
* The Hill piece stitches together scattered Dem kvetching about Obama rhetoric on Paris attacks into Dems in Disarray.
* Byron York complains we’d have done more damage to ISIS if Obama were not so persnickety about killing civilians.
* Ted Cruz demands Obama repeat “cheap insults” about refugee children “to my face.”
It is true Cruz is something of an expert on cheap insults.
* So Bernie Sanders’ “socialism speech” will be delivered tomorrow at Georgetown.
* St. Lake City elects openly gay mayor.
And in non-political news:
* Why I am I not surprised to find Taylor Swift on list of celebrities who were born rich?
As we break for lunch, here’s more Hank Ballard with “Finger Popping Time.”