In all today’s acknowledgements, I should include my dear sweet wife, Dawn, who has put up with all manner of madness attributable to the Animal, kept me from succumbing to Blogger Rage, and most of all, made the worst of days better than any I spent before lucking into her company.
Here some final remains of the day:
* Civil War ghosts still abroad 40 years after death of Francisco Franco–mostly his victims.
* BLS reports California has created 463,00 net new jobs so far this year. Golden State refuses to live down to conservative meme that it’s a jobless hippie dystopia.
* So can we all agree on “Daesh” for what we are going to call these evil people going forward? Good.
* At Ten Miles Square, Martin Longman notes the Syrian refugee “threat” is just another non-problem Republicans have foisted onto the rest of us. Thanks a lot.
* At College Guide, Nichole Dobo calls attention to new report on school internet access.
And in non-political news:
* List of most stressful occupations includes “broadcast news analysts,” but not “bloggers” or “columnists.” How did that happen?
On that note, that’s it for Friday. Nancy LeTourneau will be in for Weekend Blogging tomorrow, and I’m out for good. Thanks again for everything. Let’s close with something sweet, sad and sentimental, from The Last Waltz: “It Makes No Difference.”