Two key Republican holdouts have done a 180-degree turn and now support the GOP tax bill: Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla. and Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn.
While several Republicans say they are still waiting to see the final bill, right now, it does not appear a single Republican is on the record as a “no” vote.
* Just when my head was about to explode over that one in frustration, Dan Pfeiffer came along with some much-needed humor.
HR 2 will be the new Voting Rights Act-Paid Leave-Universal Pre-K-More Gun Control Bill. We will split them up bc two signing ceremonies is better than one
— Dan Pfeiffer (@danpfeiffer) December 15, 2017
* The second major development of the day started with this from Donald Trump (notice all the weight being carried by the word “yet.”):
President Trump: “I don’t want to talk about pardons for Michael Flynn yet. We’ll see what happens.”
— Matt Viser (@mviser) December 15, 2017
* Right behind that one, Republicans are ramping up their attacks on Mueller and his investigation.
FBI Deputy Director McCabe sscheduled to testify Tuesday to House Intelligence — but will he? “If McCabe is still there,” says one panel Republican. And another, Gowdy, tells FoxNews he’d a”be a little bit surprised if he is still an employee of the FBI this time next week.”
— Billy House (@HouseInSession) December 15, 2017
Rep. Matt Gaetz, who was with Trump on Air Force One last week, says on CNN that it’s time for the special counsel to “put up or shut up.” “I call on my Republican colleagues to join me in the firing of Bob Mueller.”
— Kaitlan Collins (@kaitlancollins) December 15, 2017
* The ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee issued this warning:
I’m increasingly worried Republicans will shut down the House Intelligence Committee investigation at the end of the month.
— Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff) December 15, 2017
* To summarize, here’s what happened today:
1) GOP rep. calls for his colleagues to demand Mueller’s firing.
2) Ranking Dem on House Intel is worried their Russia investigation will be shut down.
3) Trump floats Flynn pardon.
4) Repubs say they expect deputy FBI director to be forced out.
— Matthew Gertz (@MattGertz) December 15, 2017
* In light of all that, here’s some good advice:
Protests are being planned by a national coalition if Trump fires Mueller. You can find one near you here https://t.co/plVT1Ztyty
— Andy Ratto (@andyratto) December 15, 2017
* Finally, I suspect we can all agree that we’re not ready to make nice, not ready to back down. We’re mad as hell and don’t have time to go round and round and round.