Is Our Adults Learned?

IS OUR ADULTS LEARNED?….In a recent Gallup survey, only 35% of Americans said they believed evolution was “a scientific theory well-supported by evidence.” The other 65% either disagreed or weren’t sure. Depressing, isn’t it?

Maybe so, but on the scale of human ignorance, is it really that bad? After all, according to an NSF survey done in 2001, 25% of Americans think the sun goes around the earth. That’s depressing.

Support Nonprofit Journalism

If you enjoyed this article, consider making a donation to help us produce more like it. The Washington Monthly was founded in 1969 to tell the stories of how government really works—and how to make it work better. Fifty years later, the need for incisive analysis and new, progressive policy ideas is clearer than ever. As a nonprofit, we rely on support from readers like you.

Yes, I’ll make a donation