GIVING HIM THE FINGER….This is really unbelievable:
Soon after [Clarence] Stowers found [a] finger in a mouthful of chocolate soft-serve he bought Sunday at Kohl’s Frozen Custard in Wilmington, he put it in his freezer at home, taking it out only occasionally to show to television cameras.
He refused to give it to the shop’s owner, and refused to give it to a doctor who was treating [Brandon] Fizer, who accidentally stuck his hand in a mixing machine and had his right index finger lopped off at the first knuckle.
….”The general manager attempted to retrieve it and rush it to the hospital,” reads a statement posted Thursday on Kohl’s Web site. “Unfortunately, the customer refused to give it to her and declared that he would be calling the TV stations and an attorney as he exited the store.”
Officials at Cape Fear Hospital said their efforts to retrieve the finger also failed.
Dr. James Larson, director of emergency medicine for UNC Hospitals, who was not involved in the case, said once Stowers took the finger home and froze it, it was too late to even try for reattachment.
I realize this is a vain hope, but I hope no lawyer is willing to take Stowers as a client. What a worthless excuse for a human being.