THURSDAY’S MINI-REPORT…. Today’s edition of quick hits:
* Obama and McCain put aside politics for a little while today, and visited Ground Zero together.
* Sarah Palin doesn’t want to talk to CNN.
* She may, however, start doing real interviews next week.
* Remember those no-bid contracts in Iraq for six Western oil companies? The plan has been withdrawn.
* Olbermann, in a “Special Comment,” slammed Republican exploitation of 9/11 last night.
* The “Gang of 10” on an energy compromise is poised to become the “Gang of 20.”
* McCain aides love the revolving door.
* National Review’s The Corner knew, at least initially, that the “lipstick on a pig” nonsense was a stupid, pointless story. And then, the Cornerites managed to convince themselves otherwise, writing 31 separate posts on the subject in less than 24 hours. Amazing.
Anything to add? Consider this an open thread.