WEDNESDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers.
* Rep. Ray LaHood (R-Ill.) for Secretary of Transportation?
* ABC News reports that Rod Blagojevich will “likely hold a press conference toward the end of this week.”
* Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid not only likes the idea of Caroline Kennedy joining the Senate, he conceded yesterday that he’s lobbied the governor of New York on the issue. As to her background, Reid said Kennedy has “lived in government and politics her whole life.”
* On a related note, Kennedy will reportedly head upstate today, visiting Buffalo, Rochester, Tonawanda, and North Tonawanda, and participating in a series of private meetings with local officials.
* The mess in Minnesota: “The Coleman campaign suddenly indicated that it wants to bring back some of their challenges that they’d previously withdrawn — a development that will probably drag out this process well past the board’s original goal of finishing by Friday.”
* Sarah Palin’s Wasilla Bible Church really does take a radically right-wing view when it comes to homosexuality.