TUESDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers.
* The Democratic National Committee is using Jim Tedisco’s (R) concession in New York to remind former Sen. Norm Coleman (R) it’s time to concede in Minnesota.
* Florida Gov. Charlie Crist (R) will announce within the next few days whether he’ll run for the Senate next year. Rumor has it, Crist will run for the vacant seat, which would shake up the political landscape considerably.
* Will Rep. Jane Harman (D-Calif.) face a primary challenge next year? It appears increasingly likely.
* Former state treasurer Sarah Steelman (R) is gearing up for a primary fight against Rep. Roy Blunt (R) in Missouri’s 2010 Senate race.
* Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) is still eyeing Illinois’ Senate race next year, and released a poll yesterday showing her as the leading Democratic candidate.
* Speaking of Illinois, Chris Kennedy, the son of late Sen. Robert F. Kennedy, is also apparently considering next year’s Senate race.
* Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio) appeared to be running for lieutenant governor, but he reversed course yesterday and said he’d seek re-election to the House.
* Might former Rep. Bill Sali (R-Idaho) be planning a comeback? Apparently so.
* Former House Speaker Dennis Hastert’s 31-year-old son, Ethan, is eyeing his father’s former seat.
* Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) has become so ridiculous, the DCCC has created a site devoted to chronicling her nuttiness.