THURSDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers.
* The Progressive Change Campaign Committee launched an online straw poll yesterday to gauge support for a Joe Sestak primary campaign against Arlen Specter.
* John McCain has personally urged Tom Ridge to run in Pennsylvania against Pat Toomey.
* The National Republican Congressional Committee has launched a new attack ad campaign against Blue Dog Democrats who supported the economic recovery package in February.
* Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has seen her favorability ratings drop in her home state from 86% a year ago to 54% now.
* Rep. Kendrick Meek’s (D) Senate campaign in Florida continues to generate some momentum, as evidenced by DSCC Chairman Bob Menendez’s shout-out this morning on MSNBC.
* Porn star Stormy Daniels is apparently serious about running for the U.S. Senate in Louisiana, and campaigned last night in downtown Baton Rouge. Daniels, on a self-described “listening tour,” is a Louisiana native, but needs to re-establish her residency after moving to Florida seven years ago. Asked about her likely opponent, Republican David Vitter, Daniels replied, “I think it’s about time David Vitter started answering David Vitter questions.”