TUESDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers.
* Just as the Republican establishment was solidifying its support for Charlie Crist’s Senate race in Florida, Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) indicated he would break with the leadership and throw his support to former state House Speaker Marco Rubio, running to Crist’s right.
* As expected, Arlen Specter will enjoy the backing of the Democratic establishment, as evidenced by a fundraiser DSCC Chairman Bob Menendez will host for Specter in NYC later this month. Rep. Joe Sestak (D), meanwhile, is staffing up for a primary campaign.
* President Obama lent his name to a fundraising email issued yesterday in support of Creigh Deeds’ gubernatorial campaign in Virginia.
* Tea Party activist Tom Cox is launching a Republican Senate campaign in Arkansas. Cox has never held or sought public office.
* In Kansas’ open Senate race, Reps. Jerry Moran and Todd Tiahrt continue to run neck in neck.
* And finally, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R) has all but ruled out a gubernatorial campaign in Minnesota next year, but the wacky lawmaker told Minnesota Public Radio that she’s still considering the possibility.