TUESDAY’S MINI-REPORT…. Today’s edition of quick hits:
* In the wake of the recent turmoil in Iran, no one seems to know how many Iranians were killed.
* Sen. Chuck Grassley (R) of Iowa makes no effort to hide the fact that he’s applying a double standard to Judge Sonia Sotomayor.
* Sen. Jeff Sessions (R) of Alabama is also applying a double standard to Sotomayor, but he is making an effort to hide it.
* President Obama really doesn’t want Congress to spend $1.75 billion for more F-22s that the Pentagon doesn’t want.
* The president met last night with leaders from the Jewish community, seeking to assuage their concerns about being “too tough on Israel and too soft on Iran.”
* An Army major who’s been convinced that the president is not a natural-born citizen is refusing an order to deploy to Afghanistan. The Birther is also apparently a long-time member of the right-wing Free Republic website.
* Karl Rove, still the Original King of Irony, is worried about lawmakers leaking sensitive national security information.
* Glenn Beck was outraged yesterday about Sotomayor receiving softball questions during her first day of hearings. Sotomayor wasn’t asked any questions yesterday.
* Rep. Michele Bachmann’s (R-Minn.) obsession with the census just isn’t healthy.
* Michael Steele keeps saying dumb things.
* Isaac Chotiner 1, Jonah Goldberg 0.
* The interesting consequence of Mark Sanford’s scandal: politicians are finding that it’s more difficult than it used to be to simply disappear for a while.
* Chyron on Sean Hannity’s Fox News program last night: “Journalism is dead.” Irony, however, is not.
Anything to add? Consider this an open thread.