THURSDAY’S MINI-REPORT…. Today’s edition of quick hits:
* Afghanistan: “At least 16 people were killed, including international soldiers, and 55 were wounded when a car bomb rocked parts of Afghanistan’s capital Thursday, authorities said. At least six Italian soldiers were killed and four others were wounded in the blast, Ignazio La Russa, Italy’s defense minister said. Ten Afghan civilians were also killed, said Fareed Rayel, an Afghan Ministry of Public Health spokesman.”
* The House voted to cut off ACORN from receiving any federal grants, 345 to 75.
* The Senate confirmed Gerard Lynch to fill a vacancy on the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals, the first Obama circuit-court nominee to win approval.
* Speaker Pelosi said the House really will pass a reform bill with a public option. I hope she’s right.
* She’s also deeply concerned, in general, about political violence.
* Rush Limbaugh has concluded that segregated school busing in “Obama’s America” may be a good idea.
* Good: “The Indiana Court of Appeals has struck down the state’s voter ID law, saying it violates the state Constitution. The court ruled 3-0 Thursday that the law must be declared void because it regulates voters in a way that is not ‘uniform and impartial.’ The judges say the ID law treats in-person voters and mail-in voters differently.”
* Oh my: “The South Carolina Supreme Court has ordered an insurance company to pay $10 million for wrongly revoking the insurance policy of a 17-year-old college student after he tested positive for HIV. The court called the 2002 decision by the insurance company ‘reprehensible.'”
* It’s hard to imagine, but in 2007, there were 139 colleges with six-year graduation rates below 10 percent.
* Media Matters Action Network launches SmearBuster.org.
* I shouldn’t be, but I’m amazed CNN would run something this stupid: “Obama as witch doctor: Racist or satirical?”
* Sean Hannity claimed that ACORN is “on schedule to get eight and a half trillion dollars of stimulus money.” In other words, as far as Hannity is concerned, literally every single penny in the stimulus will go to ACORN — plus another $100 billion. Wow.
Anything to add? Consider this an open thread.