MONDAY’S MINI-REPORT…. Today’s edition of quick hits:
* Baucus, Take Two: “The chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, Max Baucus, said Monday that he would modify his health care bill to provide more generous assistance to moderate-income Americans, to help them buy insurance. In addition, Mr. Baucus said he would make changes to reduce the impact of a proposed tax on high-end health insurance policies.”
* The consequences of the missile defense shift: “Russia said Saturday it will scrap a plan to deploy missiles near Poland since Washington has dropped plans for a missile shield in Eastern Europe. The Kremlin also harshly criticized Iran’s president for new comments denying the Holocaust.”
* Multiple arrests: “Federal agents have charged a 24-year-old Colorado resident, his father and another man with making false statements as part of an extensive terror investigation that stretches to Pakistan. Najibullah Zazi, an Afghan national, and his father, Mohammed Wali Zazi, were arrested Saturday night in the Denver suburb of Aurora.”
* ThinkProgress catches up with Fox News hatchet-man Jesse Watters.
* Bill O’Reilly apparently felt shy at the Values Voter Summit.
* There have been plenty of awful responses to the House passing the Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act (SAFRA), but Rep. Lee Terry’s (
DR-Neb.) reaction was one of the dumbest.
* John McHugh is finally the Secretary of the Army.
* LGF and PowerLine’s falling out speaks to a larger schism among conservatives — those who are sane are being shunned.
* Joe Wilson’s (R-S.C.) recent behavior has helped push a Rhode Island state lawmaker out of the Republican Party.
* Anonymous Liberal tackles an NEA “scandal” that far-right blogs are worked up about today.
* Republican lawmakers sure do love “Fox Nation.”
* Who, exactly, has seen Joe Biden’s birth certificate?
* And finally, “Kids in the Hall” saw Glenn Beck coming years ago.
Anything to add? Consider this an open thread.