TUESDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP…. Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers.
* In the wake of his vote against health care reform, Rep. Jason Altmire (D-Pa.) is likely to face a primary challenge from Jack Shea, the president of the Allegheny County Labor Council.
* On a related note, if the wake of his vote against health care reform, Rep. John Adler (D-N.J.) is finding support from his Democratic base quickly evaporating. Facing a tough Republican challenge this year, that’s a problem.
* It’s unclear if former Wisconsin Gov. and Bush cabinet secretary Tommy Thompson (R) will run for the Senate this year, but if he does, Public Policy Polling shows him trailing Sen. Russ Feingold (D) by three, 47% to 44%.
* Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R) is seeking her first full term, but a Rasmussen poll shows her in an effective three-way tie with two primary challengers.
* Rep. Brad Ellsworth (D-Ind.) looks to be an early underdog in his Senate race, but he still not well known statewide.