THURSDAY’S MINI-REPORT…. Today’s edition of quick hits:
* After some encouraging weeks, new jobless claims went up last week unexpectedly.
* Spencer Ackerman considers the national security case against killing Anwar al-Awlaki.
* Republicans aren’t happy about it, but Senate Dems are moving forward on Goodwin Liu’s nomination to the 9th Circuit.
* Glacier National Park continues to lose its glaciers.
* North Carolina’s Republican Party chairman wants Michael Steele to resign.
* Making the SAT “optional”: a growing number of colleges don’t require the SATs for admission.
* Gregory Giusti was arrested this week for threatening Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s life over health care reform. Reflecting on what drove him to such behavior, Giusti’s mother blamed Fox News.
Anything to add? Consider this an open thread.