1. Most of the audience either has a Ph.D. or is about to get one.
2. It is extremely hard to get a doctorate without finishing college.
3. Colleges rarely accept students without high school diplomas.
4. Before graduating from high school it is necessary to pass the third grade.
5. Passing the third grade requires being able to read.
6. Therefore, almost all of your audience knows how to read.
7. That makes it completely unnecessary – not to say outrageously annoying – to read your f*cking slides out loud. Slides should complement, not duplicate, your verbal presentation.
[Cross-posted at The Reality-Based Community]