Some kibbles and bits for your mid-day dish:
* In a speech this morning in Northern Virginia, President Obama fills in some details for his proposal, outlined in the SOTU address, to beef up help for homeowners in refinancing mortgages.
* Amanda Marcotte calls a major breast cancer research charity’s decision to cut off funding to Planned Parenthood for cancer screenings “an act of cowardice” that buys into “the conservative myth of good-girl health care vs. bad-girl health care.”
* Sarah Palin complains that Mitt Romney’s spent a fortune on negative ads in Florida to create a “false narrative.” Makes sense. St. Joan of the Tundra drives her “false narratives” from the much thriftier venue of Facebook.
* Some guy named Benen has a good post on the GOP’s turnout problem in primaries and what that might portend. I predict a bright future for this chap.
* Sad news: Soul Train creator Don Cornelius has died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was 75.
* And in lighter non-political news, it’s National Signing Day in college football, the first day when high school recruits can sign scholarship agreements.