Here are the daily specials:
* Ever the showman, it now looks like The Donald is endorsing Mitt Romney rather than Newt Gingrich. Guess attention for the endorser was the constant and the identity of the endorsee was the variable in that equation.
* Meanwhile, Newt’s trying to claw a few delegates out of Florida, on grounds its winner-take-all system violated party rules (true, but RNC already took half FL’s delegates for breaking calendar rules, and probably won’t mess with them twice).
* Washington looks to be on the brink of becoming the latest state to legalize same-sex marriage–but a new law could face ballot initiative to overturn it in November.
* Joe Lieberman and Eric Cantor emerging as key opponents to tough STOCK legislation. I am sure you are surprised.
* Molly Redden of TNR has a fascinating account of the revival of Polish-American ethnic politics in Chicago.
And, in honor of the day:
* The actual groundhog of Groundhog Day, Punxsutawney Phil, did indeed see his shadow today, indicating six more weeks of winter.
See you in a bit.