Remains of the day:
* Rep. Jon Fleming (R-LA) unironically cites a satirical article from The Onion in attacking Planned Parenthood on Facebook. Time to overhaul that social media team.
* Aging crooner and Christian Right warhorse Pat Boone endorses Rick Santorum.
* Tom Carson says Clint Eastwood beat Madonna in Super Bowl “celebrity death match for the ages.”
* Compromise by Senate Dems and White House on union rights in FAA bill has aroused a lot of anger in labor circles.
* Leading conservative evangelical in British Tory circles breaks with allies and endorses same-sex marriage.
* Jordan Michael Smith examines DC wonk-rock scene.
* National Review columnist calls failed strip-malls “Obamavilles.” Doesn’t quite have the resonance of Depression-era tent-city Hoovervilles, but we’ll give him an “E” for effort.
Tomorrow we have Republican caucuses in Colorado and Minnesota, and a non-binding primary in Missouri. Aside from looking at those contests and dealing with the news of the day, I plan to drill deeper on the whole “Obama alienates Catholics” meme.