Man, what a difficult day! But here are some good reads you might enjoy while your blogger gets his act together:
* Igor Volsky outs Snowe and Collins (along with four retired GOP senators) as having supported a federal contraceptive services mandate.
* Matthew Bowman explores the well-known LDS tradition of private-sector social welfare activism that might make Romney care about the “very poor,” but not via public programs.
* E.J. Graff digs into the backstory of the 9th Circuit Prop 8 decision, and why many marriage equality advocates consider it a sideshow.
* Doubling down on the “war on religion” meme, Ricky Santorum claims Obama wants to force Catholic Church to ordain women as priests. Wish it was that easy, Rick!
* Newt heads to Golden State to raise cash. Guess Adelson’s checkbook has limits.
* QPac poll, usually not very favorable to Obama, shows POTUS leading Mitt in VA despite negative job approval ratings.
And, in case politics isn’t absurd enough for you:
* HuffPost Celebrity commemorates five-year anniversary of the death of Anna Nicole Smith.
Other than monitoring polls and jibber-jabber, I’m not expecting much overnight. But don’t expect issues with Thursday blogging!