* Jonathan Bernstein explains how the apparent House GOP decision to let a payroll tax cut extension pass without offsets continues a perennial tradition of talking tough on deficits until decisions have to be made.
* Clare Malone supplies a simple backgrounder on the crisis in Greece.
* Irin Carmon reports Justice Ginsburg’s reminiscences on the case that could have supplied a stronger foundation for reproductive rights–and women’s equality–than Roe v. Wade.
* Anne Kim reviews the impact of independent expenditures in 2010 Senate races.
* Dave Weigel reports the startling news that the person currently running second (with a booming 1% of the vote) to Barack Obama in Democratic primaries so far is none other than anti-choice looneytunes Randall Terry.
* Julia Felsenthal reviews the ambiguous history of the sweater vest.
Tonight I plan to put aside all this silly political stuff and settle down with OMB budget documents. With the time left over, I’ll essay a fresh reading of Humanae Vitae.