Week’s end is finally here! But there’s always more on the news transom:
* Moroccan man caught in FBI sting while plotting suicide attack on Capitol.
* Violent weather events have affected 80% of Americans over last six years, USA Today reports (with interesting map). Global climate-change, of course, is a pagan-socialist myth.
* Jaime Fuller says Romney’s nomination strategy being undermined by unanticipated problem that he’s a really bad candidate.
* Holder tells Congress DOJ won’t defend law banning military and veterans benefits to same-sex couples.
* Ohio Sen. Mike DeWine flips from Romney to Santorum, calling the former too negative, and the latter “human.”
* Simon van Zuylen-Wood barbecues Mitt for accusing Santorum of being “pro-union.” Might as well accuse him of being a feminist.
* Euro-scold Merkel’s hand-picked President of Germany resigns after reports of ethical violations. Tough luck, Angela.
And in quasi-nonpolitical news:
* NASA celebrating 50th anniversary of John Glenn’s orbital mission.
I am delighted to announce we’ll have two very distinguished guest-bloggers here this weekend. Tomorrow will feature Rich Yeselson, whom you met a couple of weeks ago. And on Sunday we’ll have Adele Stan, AlterNet’s Washington Correspondent and campaign reporter, a veteran analyst of the political scene who began her career with Ms. magazine.
Please welcome Rich and Adele with open arms and minds.