Here’s some seasoning for your leisurely end-of-week mid-day repast:
* That was fast: House, Senate pass payroll tax/UI/”doc fix” package. 91 House Republicans and 30 Senate Republicans buck leadership to vote “no.:
* There’s another report that Sheldon Adelson is writing a new check for $10 million to Winning our Future, Newt Gingrich’s Super-PAC. If so, the big question is who gets attacked in the ads.
* Meanwhile, the President raised a reported $29 million for his re-election in January.
* An Alabama Occupy activist has created a PAC for the movement. Everybody’s getting in on the act, it seems.
* WaPo profiles ex-Mormon gadfly Helen Radkey.
* Renowned New York Times middle eastern correspondent Anthony Shadid dies, of natural causes, at 43.
Much more to come.