This hasn’t exactly been a huge news day, but here are some items I didn’t get around to mentioning in today’s Lite Blogging:
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer meditates on the nexus between student loan debt and the actress who played the Asian-American heavy in Pete Hoekstra’s racially-tinged Super Bowl ad.
* Public Policy Polling shows Romney having a three-point lead over Santorum in Arizona, which like Michigan votes on February 28.
* Joanne Kenen suggests 2012 could be year of “birth-control mom,” mobilized by Republican attacks on access to contraception.
* David Mayhew compares and contrasts historic presidential elections in terms of their actual significance.
* E.J. Dionne says GOP presidential candidates doomed to be hypocrites.
* Dave Weigel surveys new GOP pessimism about 2012.
And, as a sign of the season: CNN provides slide-show of photos from Carnival celebrations around the world.
I’ll be back with the regular frenetic blogging schedule tomorrow, despite the temptations of Mardi Gras.