* Sen. Lisa Murkowski seems to be suggesting she blames her vote for the Blunt Amendment on the failure of Democratic colleagues to lobby her against it.
* More than a fourth of all Americans now get their news on mobile or tablet devices, says Pew.
* Dave Weigel explains patiently to Jewish Republican Coalition that “Mittskreig” is not a Holocaust reference.
* Progressive Policy Institute’s Anne Kim offers five ideas for reducing government paperwork without reducing services or needed regulations.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer notes that austerity afflicting Cal State University system isn’t taking a bite out of administrator compensation.
* Southern Baptist honcho Richard Land advised Mitt Romney to say he’d make Santorum Attorney General, Gingrich UN ambassador, and Bolton Secretary of State. Yikes!
And in non-political news:
* Wendy’s passes Burger King in sales to become second-biggest burger chain. Ah, but if In-N-Out went national….
Back tomorrow with a final look at Illinois and a review of the latest “insider” accounts of Obama White House deficit manuevering…and whatever’s in the news.