Still on the hook for jury duty (world”s slowest voir dire underway), but don’t have to report today until mid-afternoon PDT, so plenty o’ blogging ahead. Here’s some treats from the courthouse vending machines:
* Ted Nugent doubles down, defends his “100 percent positive” remarks about “corrupt monsters” and “communist czars” of Obama administration.
* Poll of delegates to this Saturday’s GOP convention in UT shows Orrin Hatch close to number he needs to avoid primary.
* President of New York Yankees maxes out in contribution to Scott Brown. If I were Brown, I’d send that check back with an insult.
* Relationship with regularly investigated Rep. David Rivera could be a real problem for Marco Rubio.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer notes that half of college students taking out loans never graduate but have average debt burden of over $7,000.
And in non-political news:
* TIME’s “100 Most Influential People in the World” list includes Tim Tebow and Chelsea Handler, but not Pope Benedict XVI. Go figure.
Back after a brief break.