Well, turns out there was more to talk about today than yesterday’s primaries. Here are some additional reads:
* E.J. Graff declares herself “gobsmacked”–and very happy–by Obama’s announcement of support for same-sex marriage. This is a truly a moving column.
* Log Cabin Republicans blast Obama for “offensive and callous” timing of same-sex marriage statement a day after Amendment One passed. C’mon, do they think anyone will buy this spin?
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer responds to the conservative backlash on the “muzzling” of conservative blogger at the Chronicle of Higher Education.
* Speaking of conservatives and education, WSJ’s Stephanie Banchero has interesting report on growing resistance on the right to “Common Core” curriculum standards, largely on conspiracy-theory grounds.
* Export-Import Bank reauthorized by House, with 93 Republicans defecting.
And in non-political news:
* SI reports on NYU debate on banning college football. That idea will not poll well down south, I can promise you.
I’ve got a TNR deadline I need to meet, but will be back bright and early tomorrow. Any suggestions you have for Daylight Videos in the coming days, feel free to post in the comment thread. I reserve the right to elevate my own tastes over yours, but am open to persuasion.