News is rich today, but rather one-dimensional. Sorta like an extra-large pizza. Here are some bites:
* Mammoth profile of Mitt’s prep school days by WaPo’s Jason Horowitz shows all-American rich boy on the rise or shallow gay-baiting status-conscious bully, depending on your perspective. Timing of revelations on gay-baiting inconvenient for Mitt, but I doubt this article is going to change many votes.
* However it plays in the polls, Obama’s same-sex marriage statement definitely very good for his campaign’s coffers, boosting both high- and low-dollar contributions.
* Twitter reports 1.6 million tweets about Obama same-sex marriage endorsement. Geez, that makes it almost as big a deal as Hilaryrosengate!
* Film-maker begs for extras to recreate 2008 voting line in Brooklyn. Wish I could be there; I voted by mail and missed all the excitement.
* Yglesias makes the economic case for same-sex marriage.
And in non-political news:
* Sheryl Crow forgets lyrics to “Soak Up the Sun” onstage, notes she’s now 50. Happens to us all, Sheryl.
Back in a few.