Yes, it’s Friday, and yes, I am ready for the weekend more than you can know. I may try to bribe you all with news treats and sneak away a bit early today, though odds are I’ll still be blogging past my supposed quitting time.
* “Unidentified entrepreneur” instantly sells entire stock of gun-range targets featuring faceless male figure wearing hoodie with a bag of Skittles in the pocket. Yeah, Trayvon Martin’s defenders are the only racists and hate-mongers in the house.
* Schiavo saga celebrity Dave Weldon lining up wingnut support for potential Senate run in Florida, citing weakness of existing field.
* Yglesias explains $2 billion J.P. Morgan loss as failed effort to exploit Volcker Rule loophole.
* POTUS raises $15 million at Clooney fundraiser. As I keep saying, there’s not just one side mobilizing in the culture wars.
* Michele Bachmann walks back Swiss citizenship. Swiss counsel-general shrugs.
And in non-political news:
* New Jersey town to crack down on texting-while-walking.
Back in half an hour.